Mercury Oxide Yellow

If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email:

mercury oxide yellow (HgO) is an inorganic compound with a formula of HgO and has a red or orange color. It is a solid at room temperature and pressure.

In addition to its uses in the production of mercury, this substance is a material for cathodes for mercury batteries. The presence of this chemical may cause irritation of the respiratory tract, sneezing, coughing, tightness in the chest, shortness of breath and headache.

The toxicity of mercuric oxide depends on the amount of exposure and the route of contact with the substance. Chronic exposure through any route can result in muscle tremors, personality changes, memory loss, metallic taste, loosening of the teeth and digestive disorders.

Exposure to mercury oxide by inhalation or skin contact can also result in dermatitis. The dermatitis is often accompanied by a burning sensation, and the rash may turn gray in color.

If you have been exposed to this substance, it is very important to get medical attention immediately. This substance is very toxic to aquatic organisms and should not be allowed to enter the environment.

Precautions for handling this substance include wearing a respirator or protective mask, removing contaminated clothing, and storing it in a cool, dry place away from heat and light. It is very toxic to the eyes and may damage the central nervous system.

Ingestion can result in vomiting, corrosive ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract, bloody diarrhea, and oliguria or anuria. This substance can lead to a rapid and weak pulse, abdominal pain, exhaustion, tremors, psychic disturbances and collapse.

Inquiry us